As per the operational guidelines issued by the government, residents of the containment zones will have to adhere to strict lockdown policies with even movement of persons within the zone too not allowed. But industries and businesses in other zones have started operations but have to adhere to stricter guidelines in shifts and social distancing as mandated by the Government. Monitoring this is crucial to prevent new hotspots where the spread is not contained.
See challenge questions below (Needs to be Addressed Section).
1. Challenge Questions:
- Build an intelligent tool using proxy indicators to track near-real time the activities of industries and businesses in Telangana and compare it to pre-COVID baselines.
- Any other idea that is digital and sustainable in the long term that might help in comparing industry activity in pre-during and post COVID times contributing to the recovery phase of the pandemic?
2. Data needed:
- Data regarding the energy consumption (historic and current) of different substations, especially where industries and businesses are located.
- Mobility dataset including Facebook, Google and if available mobility dataset from mobile network providers.
- Satellite data of emissions or other indicators which can act as proxies for economic activity.
Emerging Technologies Wing, Government of Telangana